Zayn Malik was born on January 12, 1993, in Bradford, England, to a family of English-Pakistani descent. He had an early love for singing and performing, and at the age of 17 he competed in the television competition The X Factor. He was teamed up with four other male contestants to form the group act One Direction, who went on to become one of the most popular boy bands in music history.
Zayn Malik was born Zain Javaad Malik on January 12, 1993, in Bradford, a town located in the county of West Yorkshire in Northern England. He is of English and Pakistani descent. His father, Yaser Malik, is English-Pakistani and his mother, Patricia (known as Tricia), is English. He has one older sister, Doniya, and two younger sisters, Waliyha and Safaa. The Malik family belongs to the Muslim faith.
Malik grew up in East Bowling, located south of the Bradford city center. He attended Lower Fields Primary School and Tong High School in Bradford. As a teenager he took performing arts courses and appeared in school productions.
Malik is known as the "bad boy" of One Direction, due to his mischievous behavior, his many tattoos and his dyed, pompadour-like hairstyle. Since he first entered the spotlight, he has dated Geneva Lane, Rebecca Ferguson and Perrie Edwards, all former X-Factor contestants.
In August 2013, Malik got engaged to Perrie Edwards, a singer with the group Little Mix. The pair had been dating for two years prior to their engagement.
10 Facts about Zayn Malik
1. Zayn's favourite book is the J.K Rowlings Harry Potter series
2. Zayn’s favourite band of all time is *NSYNC.
3. Zayn has three sisters but no brothers. They’re called Doniya, Waliyha and Safaa.
4. During his time on The X Factor, Zayn’s granddad sadly passed away. In tribute, Zayn has his granddad’s name Walter tattooed on his chest in Arabic.
5. Just like Harry Styles, Zayn is a cat lover. His favourite animal is a lion.
6. Zayn originally applied to be on the 2009 series of The X Factor but pulled out before auditions due to nerves.
7. Zayn says he’s the neatest member of One Direction and jokingly described his bandmates as “pigs.”
8. Zayn lists as intelligence as the most important thing he looks for in a girl
9. Zayn’s favourite album is ‘Graffiti’ by Chris Brown
10. According to Harry, Zayn has kissed the most One Direction fans.
Sadly Zayn left One Direction in 2015 and heres a video explaining a litle bit why he did!
Mother - Trisha Malik
Father - Yaser Malik
Sisters - Safaa, Waliyah, Doniyah
Girlfriend - Gigi Hadid